Serving Kelowna, Vernon, Salmon Arm, Armstrong, Edmonton and More        Website designed by Barbara Cragg © 2012   
I'm very easy to reach. Please contact by  phone 250.540.1365 or by my Email Form

After the Wedding? What do we need to do?

Are you keeping your Maiden Name? Is he taking your last name or are you taking his last name. Traditionally the Bride take the Grooms last name however these days,anything goes. It would be good to discuss this 

After the wedding and when all the dust settles and you are able to take some time you will want to start changing all your documents legally into your married name.

Legally Change Your Name

Legally changing your name is a very important step after the wedding vows and the honeymoon. The longer you wait, the more likely it is that you'll create more headaches for yourself especially when it comes to taxes and travel.

Once you receive your Marriage Certificate you can start changing your documents.It takes approximately 3 Weeks to receive your marriage certificate by mail for both British Columbia and Alberta.

 Here is a list below as well as a PDF for you to print out for your records.

Change Of Name Checklist 

  • Drivers License 
  • Social Insurance Number 
  • Post Office 
  • Voter Registration 
  • Passport 
  • Vehicle Title Registration 
  • Vehicle Lease or Loan 
  • Insurance Records 
  • Medical records 
  • Employment Records 
  • Utility 
  • Electric
  • Water  
  • Gas 

"May you embrace joy and happiness each day.   When LOVE is selflessly given and openly received, these are guaranteed gifts of spirit."
- Barbara Cragg
HomeAbout BarbaraWedding OfficiantMemorialsCelebrationsMotivational PresenterCounselorMediatorReferralsContact Me

Special Ceremony 
Song ? Ask me about this.

  • Phone
  • Cellular Phone
  • Telephone Listings
  • Federal Tax
  • Provincial Tax
  • Cable
  • Bank Accounts
  • RRSP's / Other Investments
  • Memberships (Gym, Video, etc.)
  • Mortgage
  • Doctor's & Specialists
  • Drivers License
  • Wills / Contracts / Trusts